How to setup email account in Outlook 2010
NOTE to complete these steps, you will need to know your email address and password
provided by Techno Mina Communications (ISP).
To configure the Internet email account manually, follow these steps in the Add New Account dialog box:
- Click the Manually configure server settings or additional server types check box, and then click Next.
- Click Internet Email, and then click Next.
- Under User Information, configure the following settings:
- In the Your Name box, type your full name.
- In the Email Address box, type your full email address.Under Server Information, click the kind of email account that you have in the Account Type box. If you select POP3 in the Account Type box, configure the following settings:
- In the Incoming mail server box, type the name of the server in lowercase letters. The name is server.tecmina.com
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type the name of the outgoing email server in lowercase letters. The name is server.tecmina.com
- Under Logon Information, configure the following settings:
- In the User Name box, type your full user name (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- In the Password box, type the password.
- If you want Outlook to remember your email account password, click to select the Remember password check box.
- click More Settings to open the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box.
- click to select my outgoing server (SMTP) Require Authentication check box to log on by using Authentication.The Advanced tab in the Internet Email Settings dialog box lets you set the POP3 and the SMTP server ports, define whether the server requires an encrypted channel, and define server time-out settings and delivery settings.
mail servers now require a secure (SSL) port for both the POP3 and the SMTP servers.
- Incoming server (POP3) port 995 use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
- outgoing server (SMTP) port 465 use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
- Then OK
- Click Test Account Settings. When you click Test Account Settings, the following process occurs:
- The connectivity of the system to the Internet is confirmed.
- You are logged on to the SMTP server.
- You are logged on to the POP3 server.
- A test message is sent. This message explains any changes that Outlook made to the initial setup.
If there’s any other question don’t hesitate to call us.